A Speed Call key (or soft key) allows you to dial a specified number with one key press. Speed Call keys can be useful as they can be programmed to dial directly to an internal or external number or quickly access features that use feature access codes. You can also transfer calls to or create conference calls using your Speed Call keys in place of dialing out manually.
Use the following steps up a Speed Call key:
- Press the settings (gear) key.
- Log in using your voicemail password.
- Press right on the navigation keys until you reach the keypad icon (on 6920 model). On a 6940, touch the keypad icon.
- Press the select button on the navigation keys. You should see a menu that says "Left Softkeys".
- Press the select button again. You should see a list of 5 programmable keys.
- It is recommended that you start programming from key 5, then 4, then 3, and so on. This leaves the top keys open for Call Appearances.
- Enter a name in the key label field, their number in the number field, and make sure to switch the "Call appearance" field to "Dial number" by navigating down to it and pressing left on the navigation keys. The key will not be saved unless this step is completed. See below.
- Hit "Save" and the key will appear on your phone screen.